Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines, love and Roses

Today was one of the first Valentine's Days in many years that I wasn't working in a florist shop and being stuck a million different times in my fingers by rose thorns...At one point I remember having the brief sensation that if I took a drink of water it would escape out the thorn poke holes and I would end up a water sprinkler {{smiles}}


I did get the chance to play at the computer for a while and jump in on a challenge with a new online digital arts group that I joined...
The challenge was to work with the birdcage image and the theme was Free...
I enjoyed my time and found that the color of Valentine's day pink snuck its way into my color scheme for the day I'm afraid, but I rather liked it.


OK sooooo
I wanted to talk about LOVE for a minute...
in my giveaway here  I was bold enough to ask who had influenced you the most in loving others...

Well, I noticed that I hadn't even bothered to answer my own question and if you are interested, I would have to say my answer is My MOM...
She is gone now, passed away nearly 2 years ago and yes, I miss her terribly.  
Through all the tests and hardships that my family went through when I was young she did the best that she could and lovingly backed me up, always and without fail...

I think when many people think about Valentine's day the first thing that comes to mind is the romantic type of love but that is only one of many...There is the enduring, family, committed type, and even the strong favorable type; like I LOVE chocolate...
that old saying Love is a many splendor-ed thing, I think was right...It's complicated but oh-so-delightful and I can't imagine life without it!
Love to you all!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

lovely thoughts