Monday, April 18, 2011

5 things...TASTE...carrot cake

Over the weekend I baked a carrot cake Birthday Cake for my beautiful Daughter who happened to turn 22. It really turned out good ...I'm just sayiin"...


Here's what I did:

I used the Betty Crocker Carrot cake mix and used the ingredients listed on the package except I subsituted canned pineapple juice for the water. Then I added all sorts of add-ins to make it taste more home-made.
I added :1 tsp. vanilla, 2 c. peeled grated carrots, 1 c. raisins, 1c. chopped walnuts,  1/2 c. diced pineapple...


I allowed extra baking time due to the added ingredients and whoola! a moist delicious carrot cake...

I grabbed a cream cheese frosting recipe I had on hand and put that together:
3/4 lb.(3 sticks) butter, softened
1 lb. cream cheese at room temp.
3/4 lb. powdered sugar
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Whipped it all together until light and fluffy and covered the cake.
It made plenty to add as filling and have enough to tint and pipe.


And even though we were all pretty full from just having consumed massive amounts of grilled shish-ka-bobs, we all couldn't resist that cake, yum...

I wanted to share the recipe just in case you would want to make it for your Easter dinner dessert or jot it down for future use...Hope you enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

lovely thoughts